Saturday 7 June 2008

Happy Birthday Agong

Today, the 7th of June, is our Agong's official birthday. Take note that this is not his actual birthday. He's probably the youngest King the country has ever had.

Our King, Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin

The ceremony was filled with endless boring speeches. The most boring speech was probably by our own Prime Minister. He seemed a little under the weather, and took a cough mint every now and then. I guess he's a had a more stressful life ever since he announced the hike in fuel prices nationwide. He's probably been up all nite long reading "expressive" emails from his rakyat.

His speech was so long and dull that a few important guests were falling asleep. Actually, some looked like they were sound asleep already. The King looked bored and I guess he felt like sleeping too as he kept blinking his eyes, while listening to the monotonous sound coming from the Prime Minister. I guess life isn't always that exciting for a King.

blah blah blah.... blah blah blah...

At this point of time, I was wondering what would it be like to be a King or the Prime Minister of Malaysia. Hmm... life would indeed be good for me... Nah, I'm too handsome to be King or the Prime Minister. I guess I'm overqualified. Sigh, life indeed would be good otherwise.

Which would you prefer to be, a King or the Prime Minister?

No comments: